The Performance Tuning Protection Plan is an optional support plan which provides specific benefits in addition to Intel’s standard processor warranty. The Performance Tuning Protection Plan applies to issues directly related to performance tuning and provides a one-time replacement of an eligible processor that fails due to overclocking the eligible processor outside of Intel’s published specifications. Go to the Purchase a Plan page for a list of eligible processors.
- The Performance Tuning Protection Plan does not affect the standard warranty. The standard warranty covers failures that occur while the processor is used within Intel’s published specifications. The Plan is valid during the term of the standard warranty. The Plan does not extend the duration of the standard warranty.
- Valid only for orders placed on tuningplan.intel.com.
- No other warranty offered, verbally or in writing, by a distributor, channel partner, reseller or other third party will, in any manner, expand or modify the terms of the Plan. This Plan does not supersede any laws or regulations of the city, state or country.
- The Plan may be discontinued, or the terms and conditions of the Plan changed by Intel, at any time, and any such changes will be communicated by updates to the following website (tuningplan.intel.com). Should the Plan be discontinued, all Plans purchased prior to the date of discontinuation or the date of such change(s) will remain in effect and be honored according to the terms and conditions accompanying the Plan at the time of such purchase.
- Currently all documentation regarding the Plan will be provided solely in English.
- Intel disclaims any liability in the event that performance tuning is performed, other than a one-time replacement of the Eligible Processor.